The company was founded in 1942 in Kyringe, the Netherlands.
At first it was a sawmill where wooden clogs were made, but
shortly after the production was extended to square-shaped
beech pipes. Starting in 1948, when the collaboration with
Sixten Ivarsson began, the pipes were produced in briar.
It is true that the pipe heads are necessarily produced on
the copier milling machine, but all the other processing
steps are carried out manually. Even the trademark consisting
of an "S" surmounted by a crown is inlaid on each mouthpiece
in silver, brass or white depending on the quality of the pipe. One thing is certain: without the Stanwell house, the Danish pipe would not have won the international prestige it enjoys today.